Head of Type 1 Diabetes
At Sproutel, Inc. (View All Jobs)
Who We Are
At Sproutel we are creating the future of kids’ health. We are a passionate team of designers, engineers, and artists. Our vision is to leverage the power of storytelling and play to empower children with health management skills from an early age.
We are an R&D and IP development company and have created a portfolio of product concepts and IP across a variety of pediatric health verticals through our unique human centered design methodology. After launching our first product, Jerry the Bear for type 1 diabetes, we reached 4% of children newly diagnosed, placed bears in 25% of pediatric endocrinologist offices, and attracted funding from the National Institutes of Health. In the past year, we’ve been working with partners to grow sales of Jerry the Bear and commercialize new products across a wide array of kids health conditions through licensing and distribution agreements.
Who We Need
We are looking for an operations minded intrapreneur with a passion for helping people with type 1 diabetes.
Primary Role: Grow sales and manage current Jerry the Bear business.
The Head of Type 1 Diabetes position will work closely with current customers, distributors, and factories to manage and grow our business within type 1 diabetes. Jerry the Bear is on track to sell more than 3,500 units this year. The candidate will be given growth objectives, a budget, and freedom to operate to achieve growth milestones.
The candidate will work with current distributors to ensure that orders are filled smoothly by coordinating production and delivery logistics. Candidate will hire or source and manage necessary customer service and synthesize and communicate feedback for product development. The candidate will also operate in a business development capacity to grow sales.
The ideal candidate is comfortable with uncertainty and truly passionate about type 1 diabetes. We are seeking someone who is driven to explore new avenues for potential revenue, and not afraid to try things that haven’t been attempted before.
- Manage relationships with current NPO customers and distributors
- Negotiate distribution agreements
- Manage customer service representatives
- Work closely with the CEO to develop and maintain relationships with companies, associations, NPOs, and government agencies that are in the best interest of the company
- Be a self-starter with a track record of exceeding expectations
- Own the growth objectives of the Jerry the Bear product line – revenue and profits
- Establish and develop executive level relationships with current and prospective distribution partners, building rapport as a trusted advisor and expert
- Drafting presentations, proposals, and RFP collateral depending on project type
- Deep knowledge of type 1 diabetes markets
- Natural communicator and goodwill ambassador
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to apply them in a range of presentation settings
- Creative and strategic thinker
- Scrappy and startup minded
- Grit, hustle, and an infectious positive attitude
- Strong network in type 1 diabetes
- Organized and detail oriented
- 5+ years work experience in diabetes and/or healthcare.
- Bachelor’s degree. MBA preferred.
Sproutel is headquartered in Providence, RI. We most enjoy working with people in-person, though remote candidates will be considered depending on qualifications.
Time Commitment and Growth Opportunities
This is a part time role with an estimated 15 - 25 hours a week. Potential growth opportunities for a full time management position based on performance.
Competitive results-driven compensation based on experience.
Sound like you? Send a cover letter and resume, including references, to firstname.lastname@example.org.