At Sproutel, Inc. (View All Jobs)
Who We Are
At Sproutel we are creating the future of kids’ health. We are a passionate team of designers, engineers, and artists. Our vision is to leverage the power of storytelling and play to empower children with health management skills from an early age.
We are an R&D and IP development company and have created a portfolio of product concepts and IP across a variety of pediatric health verticals through our unique human centered design methodology. After launching our first product, Jerry the Bear for type 1 diabetes, we reached 4% of children newly diagnosed, placed bears in 25% of pediatric endocrinologist offices, and attracted funding from the National Institutes of Health. In the past year, we’ve been working with partners to grow sales of Jerry the Bear and commercialize new products across a wide array of kids health conditions through licensing and distribution agreements.
Who We Need
We are looking for an energetic people person who is passionate about creating community.
Primary Role: Assist in administrative tasks, manage our online community, and reply to inbound inquiries.
The Community Manager position will help create an awesome environment for our staff and our customers. The community manager will assist in basic bookkeeping, accounting, ordering of office supplies, coordination of travel, and other administrative tasks. They will manage our Facebook page, respond to inbound inquiries, and post content to social media to engage our online community. Our community manager will also assist in recruiting local families to test our products!
The position is currently part time but has the potential to become a full time position as we grow. This role has the potential to grow into an operations related position.
- Assist in administrative tasks, such as:
- Bookkeeping and accounting
- Coordinating travel and meetings
- Ordering office supplies
- Note taking
- Responding to inbound inquiries
- Manage social media
- Respond to inbound inquiries
- Post content related to our products and company
- Recruit families to test our products
- Be a self-starter with a track record of exceeding expectations
- Natural communicator
- Scrappy and startup minded
- Grit, hustle, and an infectious positive attitude
- Organized and detail oriented
- Great copywriting
- Asking questions. A lot!
- A love for trying our different approaches to solving the problems you encounter in everyday life, especially by Googling with reckless abandon
- Bachelor's degree
- Some prior experience talking to customers of any kind
- Experience as a social media manager is a plus
- Relevant experience in events and marketing is a plus
Sproutel is headquartered in Providence, RI. We most enjoy working with people in-person, though remote candidates will be considered depending on qualifications.
Time Commitment and Growth Opportunities
This is a part time role with an estimated 10 - 15 hours a week. Potential growth opportunities for a full time position based on performance.
$20 per hour
Sound like you? Send a cover letter and resume, including references, to email@example.com.